A Protocol is a set of notifications for a specific type of patient: you can have Protocols for aligner patients, for early treatment patients, retention patients…
When you’ve chosen the notifications that make up a specific protocol, you can attach patient and team instructions to each of them. Protocols only have to be created once, and can be applied to an unlimited number of patients. Our heavy users have helped us create Protocol Templates to help you get started. Using these templates and tailoring them to your needs, you can create your own Protocols in a matter of minutes. After saving your protocol, you can edit it whenever you want.
When creating a Protocol, your aim will be to make sure that time is used efficiently and that your team and patients receive the feedback and guidance they need.
Add a new protocol
You can access your Monitoring Protocol library on the Dental Monitoring online dashboard by clicking on the “PROTOCOLS” tab in the top bar. The Library already contains several Templates that you can use to save you and your team precious time.
Customize a protocol
A protocol has different parts you can edit, scroll
- The title.
- The description that should reflect what you intend to do with the protocol. It will be useful to identify the protocol in the protocol list, especially when starting monitoring on a patient.
- The DM Scan default frequency:
The regular scan default frequency: you will be able to adapt it for each patient if needed when you start monitoring.
- The control scans default frequency: you can program control scans to check the evolution of a clinical situation earlier than with the default schedule.
- Notifications: categories of incidents that can trigger a message to you, your team and/or the patient. They are organized in groups and sub-groups by clinical type.
- You can expand/close a group/subgroup just by clicking on it
- You can deactivate a whole group/subgroup of notifications. Every clinical notification contained in that group/subgroup will be ignored when processing your patient’s scans.
- You can activate/deactivate a notification by clicking on the tick box.
A notification contains 3 parts:
- Clinical analysis
- Priority: set the priority level for each notification. There are 4 levels you can choose from, with different levels of visibility
- Exclude teeth: for each notification, you can choose to ignore certain teeth.
- Messages for the team: you can select a set of messages that will be automatically sent to your team when the notification is triggered. You can edit the available instructions by clicking on “Team instructions” on the top of your screen.
- Instructions for the patient: each time a notification is triggered, you can send a message to your patient. A message can have multiple variations of the same information, so the patient doesn’t receive the same message over and over again. You can show the different variations of the message by clicking on “Show messages”.
On the top right of your protocol library, you can access “PATIENT MESSAGES”.
Patient messages are messages you can automate in response to notifications. They will be sent to the patient via their DM app. For example, you can set the notification “Hygiene insufficiency” to trigger a Patient Instruction reading “Maintaining excellent oral hygiene is key to achieving your dream smile. Remember to brush after each meal or snack, and don’t forget to gently brush your gums as well.”
Once you have created this patient instructions and added it to a Protocol, you can automate this message
On the top right of your protocol library, you can access “TEAM INSTRUCTIONS”.
Team Messages are to-do lists you can automate for your team. They will appear in your DM Dashboard’s Notification Center until they are marked as “Reviewed”. For example, you can set the notification “Missing Bracket” to trigger a Team Message reading “Call patient to schedule an emergency rebonding appointment. If appointment in less than a week, add 30 minutes to appointment to rebond bracket.”